Thursday, November 09, 2006

Diary of an unemployed I


There are many ways to get there

So there I stood with a letter saying that my contract would not be renewed. Yeah it could have been possible but someone had decided that I didn’t fit in the team. Yes I didn’t fit in the useless chit chat about what am I going to make for dinner or with which washing powder I get my sheets whiter or who’s going to bed with who.

I just wanted to do my work. But it seems that hard working and a certain amount of efficiency is not welcome by bureaucrats that are sitting there for an average of 10 to 15 years doing the same job.

So I didn’t fit in. So I began my journey to the world of what they first call “to be in between two jobs”, then to be a job seeker. After 6 months then you qualify for a real unemployed.

No comments: